This was definitely a bit of a surprise pizza! I know that homemade pizzas are delicious, I just didn’t expect this level of yummy. It is up to you whether you make your own dough or not. You could always use pita bread, or a premade pizza base, but I made my own pizza dough for this , and it was well worth it.
Fun fact, you can portion and freeze your pizza dough for later use. Simply completely defrost it before you want to use it again.
Yield: 2 pizzas (dough is enough for 3 pizza bases)
Prep Time: dough – 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes resting. Pizza – 10 minutes, plus 1 hour marinating.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1 and 1/2 cups warm water (not boiling)
- pinch of caster sugar
- 1, 7g sachet dried yeast
- 4 cups plain flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1/3 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 tbs tandoori chicken paste
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds
- 20g baby rocket
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs
What you do:
- Combine the water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Sift together the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture and oil.
- Using a flat knife, mix until combine.
- Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth.
- Lightly spray a bowl with cooking spray.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place in the prepared bowl.
- Cover and set aside in a warm, dry place for 30 minutes.
- Dust a work surface with flour.
- Knead the dough and form a long cylinder. Cut into 3 even sections. (Wrap one in plastic wrap and pop in the freezer for a later date).
- Using a rolling pin, roll one of the thirds into a 20cm disc. (I made a rectangle instead).
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix together the yoghurt, tandoori paste, and lemon juice.
- Add the cooled chicken and toss to cover.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the rolled out pizza dough on the tray.
- Spread chutney over both pizza bases.
- Top with marinated chicken, red onion, almonds, and cheese.
- Bake at 220°C for 10 – 15 minutes, or until the base is golden and crisp.
- Top with rocket and coriander to serve.